So, remember when we said that we only had 15 days to go? That actually turned into three days!!! Unbeknownst to us, little Molly Collins was anxious to meet us and really wanted a mi-July birthday.
Saturday morning, July 19 (the day after her Daddy's birthday) she began letting Mom know that she was thinking about coming. After five hours or so of what I thought was cramping turned out to actually be contractions. When I told Chad that I was having contractions, I was able to witness his lighting quick agility as he leaped out of bed to pack my suitcase! After referring to my books and my girlfriends, they convinced me I was in labor and my contractions were only two minutes apart and I needed to get to the hospital. Thanks Sara!
We hustled to the hospital, my water broke upon arrival and they immediately checked us in at 8:25 a.m. Just about 14 hours later, Miss Molly Kathryn Collins was born via cesarean section weighing in at 6 pounds, nine ounces and 19.5 inches long.
Chad and I fell in love with her immediately and can't wait to begin our new life as a family of three. We are heading home from the hospital tonight. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and best wishes. Molly is already well loved and quite spoiled by her fan club.
We will continue to update the blog with pictures once we get settled at home. Hope all is well with everyone!
4 comments:
Oh my God she is so pretty!!! You just didn't waste any day to deliver after coming to work for the last day! I can't wait to meet Molly. ---Kiyo
Congrats to both of you... enjoy some time off to really bond with your beautiful baby girl! Start playing the Florida Gator fight song now so she knows what school to go to when she gets older :)---
Carrie
Welcome to the world Molly! You are beautiful!
Brent, Krista, & Quinn
San Diego, CA
Wow... She's Beautiful. Need to get her a Vandal Cheerleader outfit for the season.
Congratulations to you both.
Geert
Post a Comment