Wednesday, July 16, 2008

15 Days Until we are Parents!




So, we are now down to the final countdown.....two weeks from tomorrow, Baby Collins is due to make his/her big debut! We are feeling pretty prepared with all of the diapers, furniture, gear and accoutrement needed for the baby to survive once we get him/her home! It is a pretty strange feeling that the hospital is just going to let us walk out of there with a little person that will be relying on us for EVERYTHING! Hopefully all of our classes and our reading will come in handy and as Chad says 'on the job training' will help us to become knowledgeable parents.

The room is just about finished. My parents were here a couple weeks ago and helped us to complete the closet and put the finishing touches on the bassinet. All we need now is to accent the room with bedding, curtains and a rug in pink or blue.

Chad's office has a pool going on when the baby will be born. Funny though that no one has placed any bets on whether we will have a boy or a girl. Chad is 50/50 on boy or girl. I am thinking 80% chance boy and 20% chance girl. We will see if mother's intuition is correct!

So far, I continue to feel great and have really enjoyed this pregnancy. I am still quite active and enjoy doing everything that I normally do (except drinking wine which I am REALLY looking forward to). Chad has been so supportive and helpful with any aches and pains that I do encounter and has given me endless back rubs and foot rubs. The belly continues to grow and I am running out of clothes to wear! This has been an incredibly fun experience for us to go through together and we look forward to the next phase....now if I can just get that darn suitcase packed!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you manage to look so serene? (Let's see if you can maintain that poise when he's 2!!!)

I think you're the most beautiful Mom-to-be I've ever seen Maurine.

Love you...John and Dori